HELLO. I AM SARA.
SADLY I CAN'T BE WITH YOU.
YOU ARE HERE.
AND I AM THERE. (NEW YORK)
WHILE I CAN'T BE WITH YOU NOW IF YOU WRITE ME A (REASONABLE) INSTRUCTION // ACTION // EXPERIMENT I WILL ENACT // INTERPRET // SUBVERT YOUR REQUEST AND REPORT BACK TO YOU AND COLLAB//LAB.
YOU MAY ASK BONI UP TO THREE QUESTIONS ABOUT ME BEFORE SUBMIT OR GO IN COLD AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
I AWAIT YOUR INSTRUCTION.
1. drink a beer in the dark
2. try to coax an animal into your house.
3. a mango. byyyyyyyyyyeeee
4. to complete your own interpretation of heinsenburg: experiment 1 using 15mins first. Then repeat the next day but for 30mins. Then on the third day for 45mins. Continue to repeat and extend in 15mins increments if you like. Report back on the differences.
5. find the biggest human experience
6. Research the different methods of keeping time throughout history. Objects. Ideas. Use them each day. Period of time. moment.
7. Sara I would like to hear about your anxiety if you have any
The objective of each act is observation and documentation – to observe and record the personal // collective, internal // external, real // imagined experience.
While directed, the observations and the medium of documentation are open to each participant. Interpret at will.
The three acts may take place over 15, 30 or 45 minutes with each act allocated an equal portion of time. An timer will signify the end of each act.
OBSERVATION // act in three parts
ACT I - Blackout
(Participants to be blindfolded)
Cover you eyes and observe what you see.
Document the experience.
(At completion of this act remove the blindfold)
ACT II - Internal
Observe yourself in your space.
Attempt to document something unknown to you.
ACT III - External
Observe what lies outside of your own experience.
Document others, their environment and the world beyond your own control.
At completion participants are asked to post samples of their observations/documentation to either Instagram or Twitter using
Documentation of Quanta created for Systematic Wonder as part of Critical Animals 2013